Memo for the learning student”Rules for writing reviews for a film, a novel”
Review is just a analysis that is critical evaluation of any artwork, film.
Steps to make an evaluation on a novel
- 1. Study carefully and reread the writing.
- 2. Look at the concerns:
- How had been the written book read?
- How could it be observed by other visitors?
- What is the theme associated with the work?
- What exactly is his main idea?
- Exactly what does the author convince us?
- How can the writer lead us to these conclusions?
- That are the heroes regarding the book?
- Exactly what are their aspirations, deeds, characters?
- What connection do they will have with readers?
- What is the artistic originality of this book?
- Just How can it be built?
- What exactly is her tongue?
- What do you find bright and unusual in the language?
- 3. What exactly is your overall assessment associated with the guide?
- What is in this ongoing work of value, brand new?
- Just What, perhaps, just isn’t convincing sufficient? Maybe Not completely successful?
- 4. Answer the responses to those relevant questions when you look at the review in line with the plan.
Arrange for reviewing the guide
Policy for reviewing the book comprises of:
- 1. Date of book of the work (when custom-writings it ended up being written or published).
- 2. Reputation for creation, the look regarding the work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity of this work.
- 4. The plot and composition regarding the work (what exactly is this work, name its main events; note the sequence, the culmination, the denouement, the part for the epilogue plus the epigraph (when there is).)
- 5. Topics (as described when you look at the ongoing work), exactly what topics are touched into the work.
- 6. The issues (which issues, concerns) are addressed within the ongoing work, will they be essential, exactly why are they being considered by the writer.
- 7. Traits regarding the main artistic images (names, bright top features of appearance, social situation, life philosophy, views regarding the globe, relations along with other heroes,experiences, thoughts, what problem/problems is related to this hero).
- 8. The theory and pathos associated with work ( exactly what the author wanted to say, his view associated with author from the issues involved, just what he calls).
- 9. Place of work with the writer’s work (could it be important strive to comprehend the journalist’s creativity, it possible to judge by this work about the writer’s style, his worldview) whether it reflects the main themes and problems in his work, is.
- 10. The area of this ongoing work with the annals of literary works (whether this tasks are significant for Russian literature as well as the world letter trips, why).
- 11. Your impression associated with ongoing work(we liked/did nothing like, why).
The conditional scheme of comparison of the heroes regarding the work:
- – options that come with the portrait faculties: how a character characterizes the looks, clothing, etc.;
- – Origin;
- – genealogy and family history, generic and characteristics that are individual
- – Characteristics associated with character, practices;
- – Expressive details;
- – Education, a kind of knowledge;
- – Speech attribute;
- – capability to interior dialogue, self-analysis;
- – The ratio for the hero to individuals;
- – Attitude of those around to your hero;
- – the way the hero exhibits himself into the situation of preference;
- – How exactly does the smoothness change through the entire work.
Plan for the analysis of this dramatic work
- 1. Time when it comes to creation and publication for the play.
- 2. The spot occupied into the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme associated with play in addition to reflection inside it of a specific material that is vital.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of the dramatic work, its originality, the degree of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The growth of dramatic action and its stage. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Composition of this play. The part and importance of each and every work.
- 8. Dramatic figures and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech attribute for the figures. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The role of dialogues and monologues into the play.
- 11. Identification associated with the writer’s position. The part of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and visible originality associated with play. Correspondence associated with genre to choices that are authorial preferences.
An plan that is approximate characterizing the artistic image (character).
Introduction. Host to the smoothness into the operational system of images associated with work.
Principal part. Characteristic.
- 1. Social and product situation.
- 2. Outside appearance.
- 3. The peculiarity regarding the world and worldview outlook, the group of psychological interests, inclinations, practices:
- a) the nature of the activity in addition to fundamental life aspirations;
- b) impact on other people.
- 4. Part of emotions:
- a) style of relationship to other people;
- b) top features of internal experiences.
- 5. Author’s attitude into the character.
- 6. Just What attributes of the hero’s character are revealed into the work:
- a) by using a portrait;
- b) within the author’s characteristic;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) by using history or biography;
- e) by way of a chain of actions;
- g) in the speech attribute;
- h) through the environmental surroundings.
The final outcome. What public problem led the author to produce this image.